In this article, I will tell you places to visit in Auli, how to reach Auli from Delhi, Auli weather, Auli in summer and the best time to visit Auli, Uttarakhand.
Auli is a beautiful destination for adventure and ski lovers in Chamoli district in the Uttarakhand state of India. There are a lot of places to visit in Auli and nearby visitors location Joshimath. Auli is mainly famous for its beauty, its snowfall and adventures like skiing, ropeway ride, camping, trekking etc.
Some adventures and beautiful places to visit in Auli
- An artificial lake is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Auli. This lake is one of the highest man-made lakes in the world. Auli artificial lake was built by the Uttarakhand government for the skiing purpose. The lake is also very beautiful for scenic purpose.
- Joshimath is another place to visit in Auli. It is around 14km from Auli. It is frequently visited pilgrimage destination in the country. The preferred way to go to Joshimath from Auli is cable car, else by road the distance is much more.
- Skiing is the another most famous adventure after ropeway. Auli is mainly known for its skiing adventure during the winter seasons. A lot of skiing lovers come to Auli to feel the adventure and enjoy skiing.
Capturing natural beauty while travelling or riding on ropeway is another fascinating experience and adventurous activity. The ropeway covers a distance of around 4km and its height goes up to a maximum 1100 metres. It is also one of India’s highest ropeway and the cable car and chair lifts are equipped with a remote breaking and storm warning system.
Auli remains chill throughout the year however the winters offer snowfall for snow ski lovers. The summers are pleasant with a cool breeze and pleasant weather conditions for visitors. The best time to visit Auli is from January to the first week of March. The average temperature of Auli in summers from March to June is 15 degree.
In monsoon, the temperature goes down to 12 degrees and in winters from November to February the minimum temperature goes up to 4 degrees but sometimes below zero(-8 degrees).
How To Reach Auli From Delhi
There is no direct bus service, train service or flight from Delhi to Auli. There are different ways to reach Auli from Delhi.
- If you want to go by public transport then the best way is to board a bus from Delhi to Dehradun. At Dehradun change the bus and take another bus to Joshimath. Auli is only 14km from Joshimath and can be reached by local city bus service.
- If you want to go by train then a lot of direct trains are available from Delhi to Dehradun. After Dehradun, there is no train service you-you need to go by road by common rod route.
- The flight service is also available till Dehradun, then you can either hire a taxi or board a bus from Dehradun to Joshimath, then local city bus up to Joshimath.
- The best and time-saving route is to reach Haridwar or Rishikesh or Dehradun and hire a taxi up to Auli. Taxi services are available for all the destinations in Uttarakhand.
So never miss the snow resort of India that is Auli and once in a lifetime please visit Auli. I have covered all the necessary information about Auli.
If you need more information then please mention it in a comment below. Also please follow my blog at facebook, twitter and Instagram.
Other Interesting articles are written by Author:
Thanks for reading the article.